The Resource Description & Digital Initiatives Group mission is to facilitate user discovery of and access to library resources. The group is active in these areas:
- Cataloging & Metadata: to efficiently create and facilitate the means by which users can discover and access library resources.
- Preservation: to extend the life of library resources.
- Digital Initiatives: to advance the discovery and use of library resources via digital innovations.
- Proposes and implements digital innovations that advance faculty and students’ discovery and use of library resources, including the creation of digital collections
- Proposes and implements digital innovations to support the library’s operations
- In collaboration with others, maintains and enhances the library’s Web presence and other electronic services
- Contributes actively to Group objectives and priorities
- Contributes actively to library-wide mission, plans, and objectives
- May lead and/or participate in cross-functional library teams
- Trains and supervises one staff member and may employ student assistants
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collegial relationships, excellent communication skills, and personal flexibility. Engages in outcomes-focused thinking. Desires to continually learn and grow. Displays a work ethic that is consonant with Col. 3:23 (“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”).
- Undergraduate degree. Broad interests and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to provide leadership for the library’s digital innovations. Preferred: Work experience in academic library context.
- Technical knowledge and experience required for the position (e.g., library and information standards, platforms, and products; metadata standards, including non-MARC schema).
- Highly accurate with data and detail. Organizational and problem-solving skills.
For the full ad, please visit this link.