Lafayette College Library seeks a service-oriented and creative Integrated Technologies Librarian to maintain and extend the library’s core information systems. The successful candidate will contribute to the continuous improvement of the user experience by integrating new and existing technologies to support research, teaching and learning. S/he will maintain the library’s ILS (Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra) and associated linking and fulfillment services, both for local and external resources; be responsible for some technical and design aspects of the library’s Web presence, including UI/UX design and the use of web analytics tools; and investigate and recommend technologies to improve discovery, access, and delivery of digital resources.
- ALA-accredited MLS or the equivalent.
- Ability to work collegially and communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- Deep understanding of both public and technical service environments.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies in academic librarianship.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative approaches to improving the user experience.
- Ability to understand and convey meaningful information about technical problems to vendors and the college’s central IT unit.
Candidates with additional programming knowledge, a history of user interface development, advanced experience administering Drupal and/or institutional repository software, or with keen interest in and strong potential for innovative digital library development work will receive special consideration.
Compensation: salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; excellent benefits, including college tuition support for children. The library strongly encourages and supports professional development.
For consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter addressing job qualifications, and three professional references to: Neil McElroy, Dean of Libraries, Lafayette College, Easton, PA 18042 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.