The Northeastern University Libraries are pleased to announce a cluster of new positions as part of our growing research and development activities in the fields of digital humanities and digital libraries. The Libraries are undertaking an ambitious agenda in support of emerging digital humanities and quantitative social sciences research efforts at Northeastern. With the launch of a new digital repository service and an increasing number of major grant-funded projects, the Libraries are deeply engaged with the university’s research mission.
These positions will work as part of a team that includes the staff of the Digital Scholarship Group and Library Technical Services to develop and expand support for digital scholarship, digital repository services, discovery tools, and other critical library services. We are looking for technically confident, fast learners who are equally comfortable with collaborative development, thoughtful experimentation, and critical system support. Team members have opportunities to participate in grant-funded research, collaborate on cutting-edge digital scholarship projects, and lead the development of new tools and systems. If you are interested in exploring new ways that technology can support research in the humanities and social sciences, we would like very much to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent knowledge of database-driven web development using PHP.
- Significant experience with Drupal, including customization of Drupal modules preferred.
- Knowledge of current web development standards and cross platform compatibility and accessibility techniques.
- Experience with Open Source software.
- Ability to work in an API environment and experience with SOAP and/or REST desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and prepare project documentation to support training and best practices encoding guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skill; ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Experience with IT in a library or higher education setting desirable.
Original and more detailed job ad: https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/29981