This new position is part of an expanding service program at the Becker Medical Library whose primary focus is to support School of Medicine authors on scholarly publishing issues and provide analysis of bibliometric data and research-related outputs to assist administrators, academic units, and faculty with evaluation, grant reporting requirements and recruitment activities. This position reports to the Associate Director for Translational Research Support.
- Work as part of a team to collect and analyze data using various data sources and bibliometric methods to report the impact of faculty and institutional publishing and research activities, provide support for grant applications and renewals, and assist departments and programs in faculty recruitment.
- Provide training and guidance for individual researchers and groups on compliance with public access mandates for published works.
- Provide assistance and develop support materials on scholarly publishing and assessment topics.
- Assist with copyright questions and issues related to author rights.
- Assist in administration and development of library-managed institutional repository.
- Consult with faculty and administrative staff on scholarly communication issues and policies.
- Provide information on options for dissemination, publication and preservation of scholarly works.
- Participate in library and university committees/projects to maintain effective library resources and services.
Equivalent of MS in Library Science or related area, with ability to handle library programs and supervisory responsibilities.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographic and citation databases.
• Experience in libraries and/or academic setting.
• Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet/reporting platforms.
• Experience in statistical analysis methods.
For more information, go to the WU Human Resources site https://jobs.wustl.edu/ and search for Job Number 26314.